3.23.2010

bucket brigade: toile embroidery

so, we are remodeling our place, and i don't have much time to blog but wanted to pass along what i found interesting and inspiring today.


i was reading design*sponge during my lunch break and read all about embroidering on toile, in a way that modernizes such a traditional fabric pattern. i thought it was a really fun, refreshing idea. here is the original blog post, by Richard Saja.

on a sidenote, i'm new to writing online, and i'm not sure if i am following blog etiquette. i've referred back to places i've visited, but i hope that richard saja is okay with me also using his photo to link to his site.

update: "Hi Maura, Thanks for the mention...I expect people to take images from my blog - - it's just nice to know where to look when it happens so thank you for pointing me in the direction of your blog. Best, Richard"
there, i feel better. :)

1 comment:

  1. Maura, this is a lovely art form. Toile is so popular and I love the notion of embellishing it. Thanks for sharing this exciting idea!

    ReplyDelete