3.12.2010

falling from the tree


this is my mom.
she is my inspiration in so many ways. this is on my wedding day. look how happy she is! i love her.

she. made. her. dress.

it is way more amazing than this photo, but it'll have to do for now. she is well known for her needlepoint, embellishment, and pure genius. the older i get, the more fascinated i am by her. one of my very big reasons for creating this place is to chart all of her projects and stories behind her designs. she thinks of things, and they come into being. she sets her mind in motion and it's done. she is a little size 2 and puts forth more energy towards more direct tasks than i can believe. her name is caela conn tyler. she is the most talented person that i know.

for now, i'd like to give a brief introduction to some of her works...

piazza san marco

my stocking

tundra tuffet

sleeping forest

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous15.3.10

    Hi Maura,
    Yes, your mom is wonderful! She loves you loads and loads. This is a cute site. Sending it to my daughter too.
    Vicki Shigley

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that you said about your mom....ditto from me!

    ReplyDelete