3.26.2010

snowflake felt project

tonight we are hanging out at home, so i thought i would share my latest project.

plus, this way you can see a little bit of the home remodel i've been talking about. (see the blue tape on the floor... our new hardwood flooring!)

i left my knitting at my mom's house, so i was trying to figure out what to do while marc emailed some clients and we watched t.v.

i started out with one of the felt coasters i had left from my friend kelly's baby shower in january.

then i laid it on top of some white felt i had sitting around the house.

check out my new tools from great american quilt factory. (these are felting tools, not quilting tools, f.y.i.)


i had this thread from a really really old needlepoint project- an alphabet sampler- no idea where it went.

here is the project so far. not exactly sure what i'm doing or what it will become, but i think an ornament.

(p.s. don't know how long i'll continue to post so very often, but i'm in the honeymoon phase of this blog, so we'll just let it be how it is for now.)
:)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous23.9.10

    Have you finished the felt snowflake coaster-ornament? I have a set of four, identical to the one pictured, plus a set of four in blue of different design. I'm curious to see what became of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth,
    I haven't yet- it is packed away with everything else waiting our new house! I stopped when the weather got warmer. But I am hoping to return to it along with the other snowflakes because I think they would make great gifts! (Did you get yours at Michaels? If so, I know which blue ones you are talking about.) Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete