4.25.2010

odds and ends idea

hi all.
we have been so very busy that nothing besides pure requirement has seemed even appealing to me. however, after spending five hours at school yesterday getting the next two weeks in order, i am feeling a little better about everything i need to do. the next two weeks are crucial at school in terms of paperwork and deadlines, so i won't be blogging very often. and my poor husband has to close 16 homes this week... 16! so he will be busy too. i was lamenting our lame, un-creative, un-productive selves this past friday by tallying up the time we were spending laying on the couch. i said, 'we're lazy.' to which he replied, 'no, we are exhausted.' and he is right. which leads me to my point.

distractions and busy-ness completely stifle creativity.

and sanity.

and peace.

and i am slowly trying to reclaim creative time, sanity, and peace... especially the peace part. we are just going to get through it and be better on the other end. not sure if i mentioned it in my last post, but i am really going to try to see all of my ventures as a collective whole rather than one keeping me from the other. because i am the same person through all of my efforts, and i'd like all parts to be manageable together and fuel each other. the key will just be to be as intentional and efficient as possible.

if i am not making any sense, let's take a big sigh of relief as i end my late night rant of being overworked, overstressed, and overwhelmed at all the duties of life.

ahhh.

now, at school i had this big huge bag of remnant yarns that my mom gave me. they are super cool and were intended for use at school to teach kids how to knit. except they are sort of tricky- not the michael's type yarn that would be so good to just teach someone on.

so i have an idea. i want to make something like this:

i saw this picture recently (like in march or april) but i didn't write down where. so i'm very sorry to not give credit where it is so very much due.

this would be a great way to use remnants. i'd like to perhaps even sample some different (but complementary) stitch patterns in the various colors.

i just have a few questions:
-how will i determine what size needle to use? what if different remnants need different needles? how will i join them together if that is the case?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous26.4.10

    Good morning busy lady! Praying that both you and Marc will be able to get through your busy, insane weeks. As for the cute project..if different needles are needed you knit off one size onto another of a different size. Works for sweater body onto ribbing..should automatically join your sections of scarf. Wish you were here...I need some new inspiration for the Christmas quilt! Love you...Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this great thing ready to comment and then it got deleted. :( Let's get together after my finals, I think you're very creative and we should do something with our creativity after my finals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, this computer hates me and doesn't want to put the comment through. Let's get together after my exams and be creative together!

    ReplyDelete