7.05.2010

ready...set...

all purchases are done.

i am ready to make my quick(er) version of a quilt for our bed.

using the pattern and directions in my new martha stewart book, i'm going to make this:

except, not as a duvet cover, on the top of a store-bought quilt.

still figuring out the best (easiest) way to do the applique- but i'm not worried.

so, picture the design above with this materials:

the quilt (in white):
(i got it at home goods for a deal!)


the fabrics for the applique are from the fat quarter bunch i posted earlier:
(of course, all mixed together, not separated by color as seen here)


photos of the fabric from fancy tiger

reason why i like this project: it is a modern design using traditional fabrics.

fun!

2 comments:

  1. Maura -

    The quilt looks BEAUTIFUL! I think I might have to come see it in person when it's finished!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maura, how are things going? Hope you're having a fun-filled creative summer. I love all of these tempting fabrics and temptation is something I do not need help with. lol For now I'll enjoy them through you! Great creative idea for your quilt. Madonna

    ReplyDelete