7.03.2010

today's quotes

Marc is flipping channels between Wimbledon and the World Cup... needless to say, I am not very into it.

So I am sitting beside him reading Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts. I am being very disciplined and am reading it page by page. So far I have learned all about different types of fabrics and threads. Interestingly, there is NOTHING about synthetic fabrics in here (rayon, polyester, etc.) Martha goes into great detail about types of cotton, wool, linen, and silk. Perhaps she would never consider using polyester or other synthetics.... Kind of funny, but I guess I am not really thinking about using those either.

After the fabric/thread section, sewing is explained in detail. That's where I am at right now. I read two quotes that I especially liked....

A well-equipped sewing space encourages creativity.

But I like this quote with one word out...

A well-equipped sewing space encourages creativity.

The other quote I really liked is this (bold is my emphasis):

Sewing lets you be creative in three dimensions: think pillows and toys, clothing and tote bags. So, not only is there the thrill of poring over fabrics in an endless variety of weights, textures, colors, and patterns, there's also the satisfaction of transforming something flat into an object you can put into good use.

Back to reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment